Half of Arizona’s public high schools have college completion rates of 5% or less.
The lost potential is staggering!
- Debunking the myth that college is unattainable for low-income students due to cost.
- Exposure to colleges with excellent financial aid, making college affordable.
- Finding the right college fit.
- Understanding financial aid.
- On course selection with emphasis on challenging core courses.
- On what to do outside of the classroom.
- On strategies for time management and organization.
- On local and national scholarship opportunities.
- Self-advocacy and resiliency training.
- Leadership training.
- Writing skills development.
- Standardized test preparation.
Access to Challenging & Empowering Experiences
- Residential pre-college summer programs.
- Outdoor leadership experiences.
- Campus visit programs.
- Academic enhancement opportunities.
Setting the Bar High
- Working hard.
- Taking personal responsibility.
- Honoring commitments.
- Pursuing excellence.
After years of working with students in our expedition-only program and seeing higher college persistence and graduation rates - but not high enough - we launched our more comprehensive College-Prep Program.
100% in past 4 years
98% in past 4 years
1st class 4 years out in May 2017
Our alumni are thriving at schools around the country, including:
Arizona State University
Claremont McKenna College
Georgia Institute of Technology
Grand Canyon University
Harvey Mudd College
Northern Arizona University
U.S. Air Force Academy
U.S. Naval Academy
University of California, Los Angeles
University of Arizona
University of Chicago
UNC – Chapel Hill
University of Notre Dame
University of Pennsylvania
University of Richmond
University of Rochester
University of Southern California
Washington University in St. Louis